Saturday, April 12, 2008

Riff on Opening Lines.

"One day- eyes bloodshot, thumbs blistered, and hopped up on Mountain Dew- you will finally beat Halo 3."* With all of your might you step outside into a new world. I world of LSD color, and machines. The machines that were mere machines a second ago will be the rulers of the world. Why didn't you realize that this had happen, you ask? Well, the machine that you were playing, was in fact playing you. As this reality sinks into your mind, you quickly run back into your house and see that every machine based technology that you ever had is gone. Even your sleep number bed rolled out. In a matter of minutes your life is changed forever.

You wake up.
(Transition of point of view)
Thank God, that was a dream. It was really Twilight Zone-ish. I must have fell asleep watching Terminator and that crappy machine take-over movie. Ewww, Mountain Dew is gross, why did I drink that in my dream. But, Wow, I can't believe I still haven't finish Halo 3. Its been one week, I'm getting old, back in the day I finished games within a couple of days.

*First line provided by Urbanite March 2008 issue.

No comments: