Monday, March 24, 2008

The "Toxic" Relationship Between Trent and Daria

Hey you all, check out my video on Trent and Daria. If you have a You-tube account comment on it. I look forward to reading them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueK6mfZni1E

I chose the song “Toxic” by Britney Spears, because out of my MP3 collection of songs I felt that it was catchy, and the lyrics fit the message. I wanted to convey the underlining relationship of Trent and Daria. I tried to make actions blend with the words. For example, when the song talks about falling, I inserted the scene from the episode of Daria’s mother and sister falling. This kind of match up is in the fan video a several of times. I put the title sequence after the first scene because it felt that it should go after Trent and Daria’s father talking. I left the sound on after the title so people could get the first half of the conversation. After everything was finished I used the old, black and white special effect to hide the logo on the bottom of the video. I did not want to use all the clips from the episode or the whole song. I did that to cover myself from being sued or my video taken down. However, it does seem that I ended the video abruptly because I ended the song early.

4 comments:

Sammy said...

Hey Winona,

I just commented on your youtube video. I really liked it. I hope you get a good grade on it. You really did do a great job.

My username there is Sammymc

Cairna said...

Hey,
I don't have a YouTube account, so I messaged you my comment. I just wanted to say, here, on the blog, how much I appreciated your video. I know it must have taken A LOT of time and effort to find the perfect visuals to go with the audio, but it paid off. "Toxic" was a great choice of song too. It's no wonder the video is already so popular.

Lauren Conley said...

Haha I have definitely have viewed your video more than one time.. and I showed it to my Daria loving roommate. I love when the girls fall down and the talking before the song. I have no idea how to make a video but you kind of make me want to learn.

Stefan said...

Bravo.

The integration of the video with the track really fit well together, and you're definitely connecting with a specific fan base, which is integral for new media!

I'm excited to see more of your work.

~Stefan